Security Officer II
At Sentry, security is one of our top priorities. To ensure our associates are safe and that our properties are secured, we are seeking a security-focused individual to join our Security team at our Edwardsville, IL office. In this key full-time opportunity, you’ll grow your physical security experience in a dedicated and rewarding environment while knowing you’ve made an impact to keep our teams are safe.
What You'll Do
As a member of our Security team, you’ll monitor our facilities to ensure the safety of our associates, guests, and property while providing excellent customer service to our staff and visitors. To be successful in your role, you’ll:
- Patrol the premises of our buildings to prevent and detect signs of intrusion
- Lead and respond to emergency situations; including safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies, and threats to life and/or property
- Investigate incidents that may potentially compromise the safety and security of Sentry associates and our property
- Maintain and provide daily security activity reports
- Monitor security equipment and alarms; including access points, security cameras, and associate/visitor badge logging
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related work experience required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Excellent observation and communication skills
- Excellent driving record
- Ability to react quickly to sensitive situations
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!