Agency Customer Service Representative
At Point Insurance, we don't think one size fits all. We think our customers ought to have input over their insurance. We think the right coverage begins with the right conversations. As a Customer Service Representative, our customers rely on you to provide them options for affordable and convenient options for auto, home, and life insurance. We’ve built our reputation by keeping our promises. When we communicate, we show that we have their best interests in mind. And our associates embody this same future focused approach—meeting challenges head-on and offering solutions that keep customers coming back down the line. Owned by Sentry, Point Insurance Agency represents various insurance companies.
What You'll Do
As a Customer Service Representative, you will serve as the primary point of contact for your assigned customers within the agency. You’ll provide the specialized expertise our insureds need to properly protect their livelihoods. In addition, you’ll:
- Answer and respond to customer calls, emails, and faxes regarding service needs, changes, and questions.
- Gather and verify necessary information to assist in preparing quotes and submitting applications and proposals.
- Input customer information and applications into system and assemble applications with required information.
- Verify and monitor new and renewal policies for accurate rating, typing and coverages and ensure that items are sent to client in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assist sales producers in servicing existing accounts, cross selling activities, accessing online records, and gathering underwriting requirements and customer signatures.
- Monitor status of outstanding quotes, renewals and policy changes.
- Generate customer correspondence and administers status changes in system.
- Assist in maintaining office equipment and inventory of office supplies.
What it Takes
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of related work experience with prior insurance experience strongly preferred
- Property & Casualty insurance license preferred or ability to pass the required licensing exams within 3 months of hire
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong working knowledge of PC based computers and familiar with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently while focusing on time management
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, communicate effectively and remain organized
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!