Sr. Network Engineer
We are growing our network team and currently seeking a Sr Network Engineer. Our Network Engineers are members of our Technology and Infrastructure Services (T&IS) team within our IT department where they provide technical support for network and network security-related services, hardware, and software.
If you are customer service oriented with a strong fundamental background in a variety of networking technologies, this might be a good opportunity for you. This individual will need to have the ability to work on-call on a rotational basis, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
What You'll Do
As a Sr Network Engineer, you’ll:
- Provide technical support for the variety of network and network security technologies employed at Sentry
- Ensure a high level of availability of systems and services, monitoring existing hardware, software and systems performance as assigned, providing prompt response to issues
- Support a Multivendor network which provides secure connectivity between our customers, agents, associates, and applications. Technologies being deployed at Sentry include Cisco SD-WAN, Aruba wireless and distribution/access switches, Palo Alto firewalls, Akamai CDN / WAF, FortiProxy, ClearPass, InfoBlox DNS, Tower/Ansible, and F5
- Give technical assistance to Server Engineers, Application Programmers, Architecture, end users, or Operations to resolve problems
- Develop automations in Ansible and other technologies to implement desired state configuration and automate upgrades/failovers for a variety of network platforms and network operations
- Respond to system problems by analyzing the problem, formulating a solution, and changing or repairing the system to avoid costly interruption of service to users
- Actively use packet analysis tools, like Wireshark or Netscout to monitor high visibility applications and to assist in troubleshooting of application interruptions
- Maintain knowledge of the Information Technology industry to effectively address the ongoing demands for enhancements to existing systems and services. This may include team or individual research and testing, reading, attending conferences, and participating in outside and in-house training programs
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related Network experience
- Network certifications are a plus, particularly for: Cisco networks and Aruba Wireless, etc
- Experience with systems hardware and software in areas such as routers, switches, firewalls, packet analysis tools, and network protocols is expected
- Experience with SD-WAN implementations is strongly desired
- Basic experience with PC and server operating systems, AWS network concepts, or other network-related technologies is beneficial
- Strong technical, analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of general IT Security practices is beneficial
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!