Safety Services Consultant Sr
Sentry Insurance is seeking an experienced self-motivated and results driven individual to fill an open position in our National Accounts/IH Services Division. As a Safety Services Consultant Sr. you will work with Corporate Risk Manager’s, Safety Manager’s, and Plant/Facility Management contacts as well as brokerage firms in a defined region of the upper Midwest to coordinate Safety and Industrial Hygiene Services for our causality line of business for our National Account customers (large deductible programs with insurance premium in excess of $500,000).
What You'll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of the National Account Safety Services Consultant Senior that would be located preferably in Central Wisconsin
- Design, develop and manage Service Plans for large, multi location National Accounts and coordinate service activities (casualty services) with other National Account consultants/staff specialists.
- Plan and deliver Safety/Risk Management services to our National Account customers to include Safety Program Assessments/Gap Analysis, Leadership Training, Program Development, Loss Analysis & Benchmarking and assistance in Safety Culture Development.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct safety training programs and seminars for insured and non-insured customers to educate management and elevate their understanding and awareness of safety, OSHA, loss potential and injury reduction techniques.
- Maintain proficient knowledge in all aspects of Safety Management Practices and demonstrate technical expertise in specialty area(s) such as Ergonomics, Behavior Based Safety, Accident Investigation Principles & Root Cause Analysis, Safety Culture Development, Metric Development, OSHA Compliance, Fleet Safety, and Product Liability.
- Provide supplemental Industrial Hygiene Services to include noise and air quality surveys (i.e. welding fumes, dust, organics, oil mist, IAQ, etc) to support our Industrial Hygiene team and provide ongoing customer support on a National Account level.
- The National Account Safety Services Consultant Senior enhances the client’s technical knowledge and expertise through professional seminars and topic research as advances occur.
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s degree within Safety Science is required
- A minimum of 2-5 years of advanced knowledge in safety/industrial hygiene with a National Property & Casualty Insurance Carrier preferred
- Preferred experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi-location National Accounts
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or willingness to pursue is desired
- An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel is required (50% travel)
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Nic La Rosa