Restaurant Manager - Muse at Sentry
Are you ready for a new hospitality challenge? Do you thrive in exceeding guest expectations and leading the initiatives of a fine dining establishment? Muse at Sentry is part of a destination venue in Central Wisconsin that was developed to provide a fine dining experience to incoming travelers while also providing a local venue that offers concierge service, and staff whom are knowledgeable in not only the unique culinary experience, but wines from around the world. If this fits your interests and background, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
As the Restaurant Manager of Muse, you will oversee the Front of House operations and partner with the Executive Chef to drive revenues for the operation while helping to create a world class experience for our guests. In addition, you’ll:
- Direct and control front-of-house operations for restaurant & banquet facilities to ensure efficient and effective service is provided.
- Establish policies, service standards, objectives, and procedures that ensure guest satisfaction and profitability.
- Create an inviting and memorable environment & culture reflecting the restaurant & banquet dining concepts, including décor, service, menu, cleanliness, orderliness, and customer service.
- Oversee inventory functions to identify food, equipment, and supplies that need to be purchased or maintained.
- Collaborate with the Sentry Services Sales & Event Team to ensure the successful preparation of all banquet events and oversee the planning, set-up and execution of all events to ensure exceptional service is provided.
- Keep informed of all customer concerns and complaints and becomes actively involved in complaints that require management discretion.
- Track and maintain costs for both front-of-house and back-of-house to ensure operation within established budgets.
- Develop and oversee marketing initiatives for the assigned facility to generate sales and continual growth.
What it Takes
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of related work experience with previous experience in fine dining strongly preferred.
- Extensive background and demonstrated expertise in restaurant management.
- Experience as a sommelier preferred.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparation.
- Communications, human relations and motivational skill.
- Ability to operate in a service environment and respond effectively to customers.
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule including working nights, weekends and possible holidays.
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
SentryWorld is the hospitality component of our business and is a tribute to our roots in the community of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Since the early 1980s, it’s served as a celebration of the city, state, region, and people who made it possible.
SentryWorld offers numerous ways to play, engage, and relax. It stands as a beacon in Wisconsin’s burgeoning golf community as a world-class, award-winning, 18-hole public golf course.
SentryWorld also features banquet facilities, a sports complex, and two restaurants—Muse at Sentry and PJ’s – SentryWorld, all located on the campus of the Sentry home office. Our latest addition, The Inn at SentryWorld, is a 64-room, upscale boutique hotel located just off the 18th-hole fairway of the golf course.
To help serve these operations, we employ a versatile staff to help make the experience as memorable as possible for our guests. Our associates bring an array of talents, skills, and backgrounds, coming together to provide amazing service and friendly, Wisconsin hospitality.
We’d love for you to join us and help us continue to be a unique and welcoming destination for guests who visit us from across the country.
SentryWorld is owned and operated by Sentry Services, an affiliate of Sentry.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!