Assistant Portfolio Manager - Structured
Sentry Insurance has an opportunity for a successful strategic portfolio investment professional to manage and develop Sentry’s fixed income investments and ensure competitive investment returns. In this highly visible role, you will oversee fixed income portfolios and make real-time investment decisions that play a large part of the overall success of Sentry Insurance. This opportunity will be located at our Corporate Headquarters in Stevens Point, WI, which is consistently ranked as one of Relocate-America’s™ Top 100 Places to Live.
At Sentry, we truly are more than insurance—we come together to create a vibrant community through history, community, charity and development. You’ll find more than a job at Sentry. You’ll experience a rewarding career that expands well beyond a job title. Learn more about who we are and what we do.
What You'll Do
As an Assistant Portfolio Manager will ensure success by evaluating and recommending investment options and strategies for structured fixed income securities in support of Sentry’s $14 billion in managed fixed income and $17 billion in overall invested assets. Additionally, you will:
- Invest cash flow in structured fixed income securities (e.g., ABS, CMOs, etc.) and assess relative value versus corporate bonds, municipal bonds, United States and Canadian government bonds, and U.S. Federal Agency securities within the parameters of Sentry’s investment guidelines.
- Stay informed of day-to-day economic outlook, political situation, and economic data, as well as investment market conditions and expectations. Integrate analysis into appropriate investment strategies and policies.
- Assist Senior Portfolio Manager with data gather, analysis and report, as well as portfolio analyst projects.
- Periodically report on portfolio performance, strategy and asset allocation changes to Sentry’s C-Suite Executives
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience in investment management.
- 2 years of fixed income investment experience preffered.
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or progress toward, preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of fixed income and fixed income-related markets; solid understanding of option adjusted spread analysis very important.
- Background in economics, financial analysis, accounting, statistical analysis, and portfolio management theory.
- Exceptional relationship development, communication, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of structured security analysis tools on Bloomberg is a plus.
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!