Account Manager-Direct Writer
Sentry is looking for a high performing and driven sales professional to join our Direct-Writing Sales force. You must be skilled at building strong and profitable relationships in defined niche markets. Sentry offers a unique career opportunity that goes beyond commercial insurance sales. Our highly trained Account Managers offer a full complement of specialized insurance, 401K, and life insurance products which are designed uniquely for the specific industries we serve.
As a Sentry Account Manager, you’ll market our business property and casualty insurance, retirement plans, and business life insurance to our target market accounts. Our Account Managers build long-lasting relationships to protect the assets, employees and longevity of the businesses they serve. Our Account Managers provide the specialized expertise our customers need to properly protect their businesses, employees and financial futures.
Sentry offers everything you need to carve out a Sales career filled with success and purpose including:
- High earning potential plus a variety of monthly and annual incentives and recognition trips.
- Outstanding benefits and a 401(k)-program matching dollar for dollar up to 8%
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- Outstanding training and support
- An industry-leading line of products and services
This is your chance to combine a rewarding career in our Missouri territory. Apply today.
What You'll Do
- Sell directly to niche market accounts to increase premium volume
- Retain profitable business by providing effective, quality service to policyholders
- Build and maintain quality relationships with businesses
- Work directly with Underwriting, Claims, Loss Control, Audit, Customer Service and other key partners
- Call on and pursue all niche market opportunities assigned to your geographic territory
- Leverage current customers and relationships for new growth and sales opportunities
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of related sales experience
- P&C and Life Insurance Licensure is a plus
- Exceptional sales and interpersonal relationship skills
- A self-disciplined individual that can thrive in a remote work environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, communicate effectively and remain organized
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record with a valid driver’s license and ability to meet travel requirements
- Required to have primary residence within your sales territory
What You'll Receive
We know that there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction, at work and in your personal life. So we offer a rare combination of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to make your professional experience a positive one. We appreciate our people, and they appreciate the advantages we offer:
- Competitive Compensation - with base salary, commissions and a generous monthly and annual bonus plan, including trips and recognition
- Company Car with gas card
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting
- Microsoft Surface, cell phone reimbursement, home office setup, and more
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
- Comprehensive, ongoing training, including licensure
- We equip our Account Managers with cutting edge proprietary technology that enables them to be more efficient and effective in the field.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources
- Volunteer Time Off
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!