Information Security Analyst - Co-Op
At Sentry, we realize that getting valuable, hands-on experience is important for you and your career. We offer a great opportunity to partner your ongoing education with a highly successful and well compensated job all while actively enrolled in college. Our co-op program is designed to provide you the opportunity to gain valuable experience in your major while working in our downtown Stevens Point office.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Sentry’s Stevens Point Co-op, the Information Security Analyst will work closely with experienced Security Analysts to manage vulnerabilities, monitor Sentry systems for security breaches and respond to incidents. Members of Sentry’s Information Security team are essential to protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of Sentry information and information systems.
- Work hand-in-hand with industry professionals on systems/projects across Sentry
- Learn and develop skills in systems monitoring and response, application security, intrusion detection, measuring risk, and more
- Be asked to contribute to the security architecture and engineering activities occurring as we deploy and secure new technologies company wide. This includes cloud-based initiatives, networking infrastructure, and application design and review.
- Build skills in advance and/or beyond what you receive in general coursework
What it Takes
- Are a current full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Majoring in Information Security/Cyber Security, Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics or a related field.
- Have an interest in learning about how data breaches happen and what organizations can do proactively stop them.
- Have an interest in building and managing security solutions that are complex in nature and critical to the success of a large organization.
- Have the ability to work between 12-19 hours per week during the school year with a minimum of 2-3 hour increments
- Have the ability to work 40 hours per week in the summer
- Our Co-Op provides opportunities for associates to meet challenges head-on. As such, our top candidates are curious, hardworking and always looking to improve. Our Co-Op students typically possess and maintain a GPA of 2.70 or higher
- Sentry does not offer employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, and H-1 Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!