Account Manager-Direct Writer
You’re not just in it to win it. You want to crush it every time. Because that’s what high-performing, driven, Direct-Writing Sales force professionals do. At least at Sentry Insurance. But not just anyone has what it takes to build strong and profitable relationships in defined niche markets. If you’re a unique performer, Sentry offers a unique career opportunity that soars beyond commercial insurance sales. Our highly trained Account Managers head out each day packing a full complement of specialized commercial insurance, 401K, and life insurance products that are perfectly designed for the industries we serve.
For those who understand and appreciate our customers, Sentry offers something special: The chance to market our business property and casualty insurance, retirement plans, and business life insurance to our target market accounts. What’s the key? Building long-lasting relationships to protect the assets, employees and longevity of the businesses you’ll serve. You’ll make a nice living by providing the specialized expertise our customers need to protect their businesses, employees and financial futures.
Sentry provides everything you need to carve out a Sales career filled with success and purpose, including:
- High earning potential and monthly/annual incentives, plus recognition trips
- Outstanding benefits and a 401(k)-program matching dollar for dollar up to 8%
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- Outstanding training and support
- An industry-leading line of products and service
?Bring your uncommon skills to an unusually robust insurance market. The California territory includes the Los Angeles/ South Bay area.
What You'll Do
- Sell directly to niche market accounts to increase premium volume
- Retain profitable business by providing effective, quality service to policyholders
- Build and maintain quality relationships with businesses
- Work directly with Underwriting, Claims, Loss Control, Audit, Customer Service and other key partners
- Call on and pursue all niche market opportunities assigned to your geographic territory
- Leverage current customers and relationships for new growth and sales opportunities
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Related sales experience
- Exceptional sales and interpersonal relationship skills
- Self-discipline and ability to thrive in a remote work environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, communicate effectively and remain organized
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record with a valid driver’s license and ability to meet travel requirements
- Primary residence within your sales territory required
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!