Financial Analyst Sr. -Financial Support
We’re looking for you to join our Finance Support Services team. You’ve got a passion for helping others and our goal is to turn that passion into action. At Sentry, we care about delivering long-term results. Our associates embody this same future-focused approach – meeting challenges head-on and offering solutions and pricing that keeps customers coming back down the line. Based on our candidate’s experience, we can fill the position as a Financial Analyst or a Financial Analyst Sr. If you have any questions, please reach out to the recruiter listed below.
What You'll Do
As part of the Finance Support Services team, you’ll support Finance Systems and major corporate initiatives by performing the following activities:
- Lead and participate in the implementation of new Financial systems including current Workday implementation. Work with business areas to evaluate and align business processes with system compatible best practices. Coordinate related change management.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to support strategic initiatives and goals. Recommend and coordinate implementation of system enhancements, including semi-annual Workday release updates, and business process changes to achieve initiatives. Assist with communication between Information Technology associates and various business areas
- Complete Finance System maintenance and manage system configuration to best address business needs
- Identify, conduct and document test scenarios. Work with respective teams to resolve errors.
- Maintain expert knowledge of Finance applications, data, and business processes. Work with Business and Finance areas to understand the various product lines, special requirements, and accounting principles
- Evaluate and recommend new tools and technology to support innovation and advance financial reporting and analytical capabilities. Assist associates with usage of Finance applications and creation of complex reports and data analysis.
- Evaluate data flow controls, implement improvements and troubleshoot reconciliation issues
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Ability to plan and organize resources and tasks to complete projects
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of information systems and business processes
- Skilled ability to listen effectively and convey ideas through written and verbal communications. Ability to understand both business and technology language.
- Experience with Advanced Excel, Access, Business Objects, and SQL skills desired
- Workday and insurance industry experience desired
- CPA, or ability to sit for CPA exam desirable
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!