Banquet Captain at SentryWorld
At SentryWorld, our business is built around people. We pride ourselves on the promise to deliver world class services to our guests. The SentryWorld Events Team is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Banquet Captain. This role is the perfect fit if you are looking to increase experience and responsibility in event planning, while ensuring our guest are receiving efficient and effective service throughout their event.
Based on experience, this role may be filled as an Assistant Banquet Capitan.
This full time position is eligible for a $1000 sign-on bonus (less taxes).
- $700 paid on first payday following hire,
- $300 following 60 days of employment.
What You'll Do
As our Banquet Captain, you will partner with the Event Coordinators & Event Manager to ensure the successful execution of events and will also act as a team lead in event set-up/take down, food and beverage service, and as a co-leader in the front of house event operations. In addition, you’ll:
- Oversee food and beverage service to ensure quality, consistency and that SentryWorld service standards are met and exceeded.
- Collaborate with Event Coordinators and Executive Event Chef on menu details, food preparation and event set up.
- Assist with onboarding, training, and delegating tasks while ensuring that safety and sanitation codes are followed.
- Inspect event spaces and equipment prior to events for cleanliness, proper inventory and set-up.
- Oversee clean-up of event space and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Responsible for “Point of Sale” which may include training of employees, reprogramming, and generating reports from the POS system.
- Assist associates with their duties in any capacity needed such as banquet service, set-up, food preparation, clean-up, etc.
What it Takes
- Age requirement of 21+ required
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 years of related work experience with previous leadership experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to obtain WI Beverage License and Operator’s License as needed
- Strong communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines
- Must have a valid driver license
- Work extended/non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
What You'll Receive
We strive to provide exceptional experiences for our guests and we want to provide you with a similar experience. We hope that this is a place where you can start or build your career in the hospitality industry. As a member of our team, you may be eligible to enjoy our rewarding benefits and perks including:
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Generous Holiday Pay, Paid-Time Off and Floating Holidays for you to enjoy time “out of the office”
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle
- 401 (K) match after 1 year of service to help fund your future
- Associate discounted shift meals and golf rates
- Free Wellness Center Membership
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
SentryWorld is the hospitality component of our business and is a tribute to our roots in the community of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Since the early 1980s, it’s served as a celebration of the city, state, region, and people who made it possible.
SentryWorld offers numerous ways to play, engage, and relax. It stands as a beacon in Wisconsin’s burgeoning golf community as a world-class, award-winning, 18-hole public golf course.
SentryWorld also features banquet facilities, a sports complex, and two restaurants—Muse at Sentry and PJ’s – SentryWorld, all located on the campus of the Sentry home office. Our latest addition, The Inn at SentryWorld, is a 64-room, upscale boutique hotel located just off the 18th-hole fairway of the golf course.
To help serve these operations, we employ a versatile staff to help make the experience as memorable as possible for our guests. Our associates bring an array of talents, skills, and backgrounds, coming together to provide amazing service and friendly, Wisconsin hospitality.
We’d love for you to join us and help us continue to be a unique and welcoming destination for guests who visit us from across the country.
SentryWorld is owned and operated by Sentry Services, an affiliate of Sentry.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!