The SentryWorld Events team is seeking energetic, enthusiastic Event Servers to join our team!
We are looking for someone that is focused, passionate, empathetic, and takes hospitality seriously. We work as a small team and have very high standards of service, meaning we work hard and with precision. Previous restaurant or server experience is preferred, but not required.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus (less taxes). The amount of the bonus will be based on full or part time status.
- Full time: $600 paid on first payday following hire, $400 following 60 days of employment.
- Part time: $300 paid on first payday following hire, $200 following 60 days of employment.
If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Ensure proper set-up of tables and bars in assigned meeting room according to Banquet Event Order.
- Deliver and serve food and beverages, including, but not limited to meals, condiments and accompaniments.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by monitoring guests needs on a continuous basis.
- Promptly remove dishes from tables at conclusion of meal period and deliver to stewarding area.
- Open and serve wine or alcoholic beverages as directed.
What it Takes
- Age requirement of 18+ required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Be a great listener and team player
- Work extended/non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
What You'll Receive
We strive to provide exceptional experiences for our guests and we want to provide you with a similar experience. We hope that this is a place where you can start or build your career in the hospitality industry. As a member of our team, you may be eligible to enjoy our rewarding benefits and perks including:
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Generous Holiday Pay, Paid-Time Off and Floating Holidays for you to enjoy time “out of the office”
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle
- 401 (K) match after 1 year of service to help fund your future
- Associate discounted shift meals and golf rates
- Free Wellness Center Membership
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
SentryWorld is the hospitality component of our business and is a tribute to our roots in the community of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Since the early 1980s, it’s served as a celebration of the city, state, region, and people who made it possible.
SentryWorld offers numerous ways to play, engage, and relax. It stands as a beacon in Wisconsin’s burgeoning golf community as a world-class, award-winning, 18-hole public golf course.
SentryWorld also features banquet facilities, a sports complex, and two restaurants—Muse at Sentry and PJ’s – SentryWorld, all located on the campus of the Sentry home office. Our latest addition, The Inn at SentryWorld, is a 64-room, upscale boutique hotel located just off the 18th-hole fairway of the golf course.
To help serve these operations, we employ a versatile staff to help make the experience as memorable as possible for our guests. Our associates bring an array of talents, skills, and backgrounds, coming together to provide amazing service and friendly, Wisconsin hospitality.
We’d love for you to join us and help us continue to be a unique and welcoming destination for guests who visit us from across the country.
SentryWorld is owned and operated by Sentry Services, an affiliate of Sentry.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!