Do you want to join and lead an experienced events team at a destination venue in Central Wisconsin? SentryWorld is currently seeking an Events Manager to lead this successful team. We are proud to host events including social celebrations, corporate meetings and retreats, and golf outings, all held at our state-of-the-art facilities here in Stevens Point, WI.
What You'll Do
As our Events Manager, you will be responsible for leading, managing, motivating and directing the Events Team to ensure the delivery of a world class experience to all clients and guests. In addition, you’ll:
- Partner with Director of Sales & Events and Executive Chef to ensure all events are planned and executed to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Manage front-of-house event planning operations, including establishing and maintaining policies and procedures in alignment with service standards, monitoring staffing needs and controlling labor costs.
- Review and approve all event portfolios ensuring events are properly billed and reconciled on a timely basis.
- Coordinate and lead weekly BEO (Banquet Event Order) meetings and review and sign off on all BEO’s to ensure correct pricing has been quoted and paperwork is collected and filed.
- Collaborate with Director-Sales & Events to prepare and submit reports on activities, sales volume, expenses and sales forecasts.
- Collaborate extensively with Executive Chef to plan and organize annual, seasonal and custom event menus.
- Research current industry trends and use creative approaches to ensure customer satisfaction and increase profitability.
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of related work experience.
- Ability to up-sell clients and prospective clients on the facilities and services of Sentry Services.
- Ability to effectively organize and present information, anticipate and interpret customer needs and develop traditional, as well as innovative proposals to meet those needs.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, planning, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Work extended and non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!