We are adding a Brand Journalist to our Corporate Communications team! We are seeking a strategic and driven communications professional to deliver creative storytelling to inspire customers, stakeholders, and associates and drive a shared belief in the company as an innovative thought leader, and a customer-centric and caring organization. This is an opportunity to explore new ways to both tell and present the story for the maximum impact, thriving under deadlines to deliver succinct and effective content quickly.
In this role, you will be responsible for writing content across a variety publication mediums to inspire customers, stakeholders, and associates with stories that drive a shared belief in the company as an innovative thought leader, and a customer-centric and caring organization. You will partner with business stakeholders and Communications management to understand business needs and help establish the content direction. You will collaborate with fellow brand journalists, as well as across marketing, to create and maintain a content structure that meets needs of our customers and prospects, to develop the best story.
What You'll Do
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their content needs and project parameters.
• Partner with Communication management in establishing content direction that increases brand awareness and supports business goals.
• Develop and maintain understanding of target audiences by leveraging analytics/metrics and utilizes findings to deliver effective content and develop future storytelling initiatives.
• Create and/or edit content in brand-journalism style for multiple publication mediums including, but not limited to blogs, social media, third-party media, infographics, reports, and interactive websites ensuring consistent and compelling messaging is maintained.
• Participate in executing communication campaigns by writing or editing stories that align with the overall content strategy and business objectives. This may include, but is not limited to researching, interviewing, and producing content that represents the organization while conveying the appropriate message.
• Write in brand voice and tone for all communications; adhering to company style guide and/or AP Stylebook. Proofread work to ensure it is consistently on tone and grammatically correct.
• Collaborate across Marketing to execute campaign plans that accurately depict Sentry and position us appropriately in the market. For content his includes, but is not limited to, incorporating impactful search engine optimization language, following all communication standards and guidelines, ensuring alignment to visual designs, and adhering to the overall marketing strategy.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience in professional writing, content marketing, and/or corporate communications at a commensurate job level
• Extraordinary written and verbal communications skills, including editing and proofreading skills
• Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to build individual pieces that come together to make a powerful big picture
• General understanding of Search Engine Optimization trends and backend analytics to inform content direction
• Ability to hold constructive conversations with leaders to determine the best approach to problem-solving for the business
• A natural curiosity and passion that helps make content interesting, innovative and newsworthy
• An understanding of evolving content consumption trends
• Empathy, good emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity
• Instinctual collaborator with the ability to manage multiple projects and build positive relationships with people across the organization
• Quick, smart and concise writer who is self-sufficient and meets aggressive delivery deadlines
• Ability to keep a calm head and think clearly and quickly under pressure
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!