If you believe in making a difference, then Sentry is the company for you! As a member of a multi-billion-dollar organization, you will have the opportunity to make a direct, and immediate impact on our business and customers. Do you enjoy building new and innovative solutions to old, outdated problems? How about working on fast-paced teams with the passion for driving change and continuous improvement? You’ll have the opportunity to apply the power of your imagination to drive our business forward. Sentry is setting itself apart from the old insurance platforms of yesterday, and we want you to come along for the cutting-edge vision of tomorrow.
What You'll Do
As a software engineer at Sentry, you’ll:
• Deliver innovative solutions to real-world problems
• Work collaboratively with others across the organization, including architecture, project management, infrastructure, and application development teams
• Full stack development on a variety of applications
• Maintain quality through code reviews, applying programming and security standards, and develop automated tests
• Continuously improve by expanding domain knowledge, collaborating with associates, participating in training and development opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and involvement in professional organizations.
• Participate in an agile environment, including team and program level ceremonies
• Build and continuously improve internal automation, mainly through a continuous delivery pipeline
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language, such as Java, C#, or C++.
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Experience with Java, Spring, Gradle
- Experience with C#, .NET, Vue.js, AWS
- Experience with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, MVC Frameworks, Object/Relational Mapping Frameworks (Hibernate), REST/SOAP Webservices, Swagger, RabbitMQ, MS SQL Server, HTML, CSS
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, cloud-native computing, infrastructure automation, microservices, containers, and DevOps practices
- Development experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter or BillingCenter
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!