Data Product Analyst
Sentry has an opportunity to join our team as a Data Product Analyst! This is an opportunity to work collaboratively with customers, engineers, and other data product analysts to ensure our data driven applications are highly functional, intuitive and meet or exceed expectations. You will work on a mix of projects and will work closely with business and technical leads to design solutions, develop user story definition, provide clarification on feature deliverables, coordinate testing, and manage team backlogs.
What You'll Do
As a Data Product Analyst, you'll participate in discussions and interact with business and IT customers to fully understand their processes, use cases and work environment. Additionally, you will:
• Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements for new features and/or defects.
• Write crisp, concise user stories that clearly capture what the users need and help engineering bring them to life within our data driven applications.
• Create comprehensive test cases to validate new features and requirements. Work closely with engineering and customers to ensure the data driven application works and performs as intended. Work to anticipate and exercise consumer use cases to find hidden defects.
• Develop training and change management plans to promote user adoption and ensure smooth transition of our users and business units to new solutions.
• Understand business value and technical dependencies to define, maintain, and prioritize user stories in a team backlog with leadership.
• Lead agile teams and manage small projects taking accountability for high quality project deliverables and achieving overall objectives on time and within budget.
• Contribute to cross functional iteration planning and assists in coordinating cross team dependencies.
• Assemble an understanding of the technologies and processes used to develop our data driven applications and provide ideas and perspective on how we could do it better. Be able to explain the technical building blocks and flow of information within our systems.
• Master basic technical skills such as writing SQL queries and data consumption prototyping to enhance feature development while minimizing reliance on data engineers.
What it Takes
• Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Degree in Business Analysis or related discipline
• 0-3+ years of related work experience
• Possess and leverages analytical and critical thinking skills to enhance processes and improve service levels
• Excellent communications skills, human relations skills and organizational skills
• Demonstrates motivation and a positive attitude and works to demonstrate mastery of the identified competencies
• Experience in developing user stories and executing new feature development in an agile process is preferred
• Experience writing SQL queries and consuming information from an analytical datastore is preferred
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!