IT Product Manager
As an IT Product Manager, you will develop and maintain expert level understanding of both business area and technical strategies to define and drive the vision for IT products that shape Commercial Lines at Sentry. Leveraging this knowledge, you will take ownership of the overall strategic vision, roadmap and feature definition of key components. You will communicate and evangelize the product vision and the intent behind the solutions.
What You'll Do
- Drive prioritization with a focus on delivering the right solutions to customers at the right times.
- Provide leadership and guidance on prioritization and approve product changes to align with product vision.
- Actively research market, vendor and technology trends to support the evolution of the product and its roadmap to ensure continued competitive advantages are maximized.
- Drive innovation through experimentation in the development, delivery and enhancement of IT products.
- Proactively seek to understand customer feedback and incorporates it into the product vision.
- Build trusting relationships and maintain alignment between the business and IT through transparency and effective communication.
- Strike an appropriate balance between business needs and technology in the delivery and/or enhancement of IT products.
- Communicate the value of and gain business support for maintenance and upgrades that protect current and future technology investments.
- Streamline complex solutions and consider alternatives to meet requirements to minimize cumbersome business workflows.
What it Takes
• Bachelor's Degree with focus in technology preferred or relevant work experience
• 5+ years of related experience working with IT systems and operations
• Skills, knowledge and experience in creating product requirements and executing new feature development
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization – from concept to delivery
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• A positive attitude, self-motivation and personal drive to constantly improve self and product
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!