SIU Field Investigator
As one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the US, Sentry Insurance offers Investigative professionals like you a choice of career paths. You have taken your career seriously, and as a responsible professional, you can be confident in knowing that we put qualified Investigators to work each year in jobs they enjoy.
We’re currently looking for an analytical individual who possesses a high regard for attention to detail to fill our SIU Field Investigator position in California. This is a Field Investigator role that requires travel. As the Field Investigator, you’ll be responsible for assisting in the identification and resolution of suspect claims.
The ideal candidate will work remotely and must reside in Santa Clara County.
What You'll Do
As one of our SIU Field Investigators, you’ll create and maintain awareness on the part of claim file handlers towards recognition of “red flags” in claim cases and conduct specialized fraud awareness training for the claim staff. In addition, you’ll:
- Investigate suspicious claims of all types
- May interview parties involved in suspicious claims, including fraud or inflated claims
- Verify legitimacy of receipts, bills, etc.
- Obtain, evaluate, and act on information received and communicate with the company, industry, and law enforcement
- Represent the company in court appearances
- Motivate the claims staff to combat fraud and inflated claims
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of SIU field experience required
- Insurance claims experience beneficial, Non-Standard Auto and Workers' Compensation experience preferred
- Strong investigative skills along with the ability to work effectively with members of the Claims staff and the law enforcement community
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the creativity to recognize potential fraud and develop a reasonable plan for investigation
- Computer literacy
- Ability to meet travel requirements of the position
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Company car with gas card
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!