Claims Representative - Total Loss Auto
We're a people-focused business, and we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our customers. At Sentry, we believe people are our competitive advantage. We strive to attract, train, and motivate our employees to keep Sentry as a market leader in our industry. We are committed to hiring people with the potential to excel. As a Claims Representative for our National Total Loss Unit, you’ll play a critical part in fulfilling Sentry’s promise to be there for our customers during their time of need.
What You'll Do
As a Claims Representative on our Total Loss team, you’ll:
- Accurately investigate, evaluate, and settle total loss claims
- Negotiate claim settlements with policyholders, claimants and their legal representatives
- Compile and review information relating to the claim; including repair estimate, photos, and actual value reports
- Conduct and review valuations for appropriate cash value of vehicles
- Resolve issues with policyholders, claimants, or State Insurance Departments
- Monitor and control rental expenses by managing the total loss process
- Document all decisions, correspondences, reports, and discussions related to the handling of the claim
What it Takes
- Associates Degree or related work experience
- Knowledge of insurance policies and vehicle terminology preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain state adjuster/appraiser licenses
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- Effective multitasking skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!