Software Asset Management Analyst
Our Sentry Home Office has many opportunities to use your technical skills and background to contribute to our collaborative IT department. We currently have an opening for a Software Asset Management Analyst to oversee the operational and strategic management and control of the enterprise software portfolio in order to optimize the value, cost, and risk of software. This role helps to ensure that tracking processes for asset entitlements and usage are accurate in order to ensure compliance, optimize use and minimize risk.
What You'll Do
• Collaborate with business areas and IT as well as vendors to provide an accurate understanding of key asset information.
• Collaborate with IT management and corporate procurement in software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life-cycle planning and costing.
• Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in SAM tool to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost
• Monitor and reconcile a wide variety of software licenses and usage, including but not limited to, server, storage, middleware, database, and desktop software to mitigate compliance risks and reduce TCO
• Support SAM tools, processes and procedures to automate the collection, storage and reporting of key software data so that the products can be managed across the enterprise in an effective manner
• Oversee proof of entitlement documentation and asset authorizations
• Provide support during software publisher audits. Assists with dispute resolution
• Recommend audit defense initiatives
• Actively assesses risk and cost reduction opportunities and makes recommendations to Software Owners and Software Asset Management leadership to optimize the software asset portfolio.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of enterprise-wide software asset management policies and procedures which minimizes compliance risk, enhances the program, and creates process efficiencies.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology,
• Business Administration or related field.
• 3+ years of related work experience
• Experience in Software Asset Management and licensing is strongly preferred.
• Certified Software Asset Mgr. preferred
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
• Knowledge of Software Asset Management tools, technologies, and principles/practices. Experience with and/or understanding of Configuration Management (CMBD).
• Knowledge of product use rights for publishers such as Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, IBM, VMware, etc.
• Familiarity with hardware technology and configurations including virtualization.
• Proven track record of engaging others in collaborating to resolve problems/issues.
• Understanding of software contractual agreements and compliancy.
• Proficient with Excel; specifically pivot tables, v-lookups, and functional arguments
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!