Software Development Manager
As a Software Development Manager, you are responsible and accountable for all aspects of the Sentry solution development lifecycle. These aspects include but are not limited to analysis, design, coding and testing. The Software Development Manager ensures that timely, technically appropriate, quality solutions are provided to meet the needs of their customers. Software Development Managers will lead and motivate their teams as well as recruit and retain top talent.
This position will lead and guide the efforts of our Enterprise Amazon Connect team, with a focus on providing software solutions for Sentry’s Contact Centers using technologies such as Amazon Connect, Amazon Web Services, and .NET.
What You'll Do
As a Software Development Manager, you will partner with business users as well as other IT associates to understand, contribute to, and implement the product vision for your applications. Additionally, you will:
• Provide input into strategic planning and feature prioritization.
• Ensure applications meet Sentry’s security and performance standards, documentation is kept up to date, and key controls are followed on all projects.
• Validate that development follows Sentry’s coding standards and utilizes approved tools and development practices.
• Work with other IT Teams to coordinate cross-system work and resolve dependencies.
• Assess resource needs and plan capacity for short- and long-term projections. Continually review and revise plan according to changing demands.
• Meet with associates on a regular basis to understand project work, remove blockers, ensure an aligned vision, provide timely feedback and engage in ongoing development conversations.
• Build a team of software product analysts and software engineers who are engaged and aligned with Sentry’s goals.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
• Leadership, mentoring, communications, human relations, and organizational skills.
• Track record of leading the design, development and delivery of technical solutions.
• 2+ years as team lead of an agile team with demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor teammates.
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!