Switchboard Tech I - Part Time
Would you like a part-time job working in a fast-paced environment? Are you a good multi-tasker with great phone skills and enjoy helping others? If you answered yes to these questions you may be a good fit for one of our positions!
As a Switchboard Tech I, you will play a critical part in providing service to our enterprise customers. As Sentry’s promise to be there for our customers during their time of need, you’ll provide technical support for the processing of claims. This position is available in Scottsdale, AZ, Goldsboro, NC, and Stevens Point, WI.
This position is categorized as part-time a minimum of 20-25 hours per week (Monday – Friday). Hours for this position are between 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Shifts can vary from 3 hours to 8 hours. Our schedules are generated two weeks in advance and are based on your availability and the business needs.
What You'll Do
As a member of Sentry’s Switchboard team, you will be the first phone contact with our customer. In addition, you will:
- Identify the customers throughout multiple lines of business
- Determine customer needs
- Verify information to ensure they are being connected to the correct department
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- High volume inbound call center experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Ability to multitask within multiple systems
- Proficient computer skills
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!