At SentryWorld, our business is about people and the relationships we build. We pride ourselves on the promise to deliver outstanding services and experience for our guests. We are currently seeking a Hotel Revenue Manager for The Inn at SentryWorld, our upcoming luxury boutique hotel opening in the Spring/Summer of 2021, to help in creating a memorable experience from start to finish while delivering our authentic Wisconsin charm.
As our Revenue Manager, you will be responsible for developing, executing and analyzing current and future pricing strategies to maximize room occupancy and drive revenue for The Inn.
“You cannot teach someone to smile and you cannot teach someone to care. If you have those two natural abilities and are willing to learn, then we’d like to talk to you about joining our team.” – Chad Bates, Director of Hotel Operations
What You'll Do
As our Revenue Manager for The Inn, you will manage the reservation operations including room pricing, packages, discounts and specials. In addition, you’ll:
- Monitor and analyze trends, competition, and market conditions to develop pricing strategies that will maximize occupancy and drive profitability.
- Input and adjust rates as needed to ensure appropriate pricing is established and maintained.
- Manage reservation operations from inquiries to confirmations ensuring guests needs are exceeded and address guest issues that may arise.
- Compile data and create reports to analyze and identify performance and effectiveness of pricing strategies.
- Implement policies and procedures for the reservations team while conducting workflow reviews to identify process enhancements.
- Receive and review all potential group bookings and provide Director of Hotel Operations with analysis on impact of bookings for The Inn.
- Conduct daily meetings with team to communicate any necessary reservation information and resolve any service issues.
- Assist in preparing and presenting annual departmental and hotel budgets.
- Work with Marketing to design promotions that will increase room sales and maximize year-round occupancy.
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience; degree in mathematics, finance or statistics preferred
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience with previous hotel revenue and budgeting experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract data to gain insights, improve predictions, and support decision making
- Excellent customer service, communication and supervisory skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Able to work nonstandard work hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office
- 401 (K) plan after 1 year of service to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Employee Discounted Meals and Golf
- Access to Sentry’s Fitness Center
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!