SentryWorld Groundskeeper - Seasonal
Golf Digest lists SentryWorld as one of America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses. Join the team that’s responsible for making sure we continue to earn that honor! We are seeking full time Golf Course Groundskeepers to join us for our 2020 golf season at SentryWorld! Apply today and spend your days on one of the finest courses in the country!
We are looking for someone that is focused, driven, and has a passion for the golf course maintenance field! A professional and friendly demeanor is essential. If you think you are a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
As a Groundskeeper for our 2020 season, you will be a top contributor to our guest’s experience. You'll:
- Perform maintenance of lawns and grounds to enhance the appearance of Sentry facilities including mowing, using power and hand operated equipment, hand clipping inaccessible areas, edging, mulching, fertilizing, weeding, thatching, aerifying, and top dressing.
- Prepare planting areas by cultivating, fertilizing and mulching. Plant and maintain annual and perennial plant selections by feeding, watering, weeding, applying appropriate pesticides, etc.
- Transplant, brace, and prune trees and shrubs to shape as needed.
- Remove dead or damaged material, mulches, edges, anchors, etc., utilizing accepted practices.
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or euivalent work experience required.
- Related experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment applicable to the job.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems, ability to perform mechanical repairs, and familiarity with plant/tree pests and diseases preferred, but not required.
- Available to work irregular hours/days to meet deadlines or accommodate weather conditions, which may be flexible up to 40 hours per week.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work every day
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Employee Discounted Meals and Golf Rates
- Access to Sentry Fitness Center
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!