Assistant Restaurant Manager – PJ’s at SentryWorld
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about delivering elite customer service while leading a team? PJ’s Restaurant in SentryWorld, the #1 rated restaurant on Trip Advisor in the Stevens Point, WI area, is currently seeking an Assistant Restaurant Manager to assist in overseeing their Front of House Operations. PJ’s is the perfect atmosphere for any occasion, from a family celebration with our unique wood-fired pizzas to a date night out with a signature hand-crafted cocktail.
If you have an interest in developing and leading a team of associates and while being a key piece in continuing to drive operations revenue growth, Sentry wants to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Assist in directing and controlling all day-to-day front-of-house operations.
- Create an appropriate and enjoyable environment reflecting PJ’s dining concepts, including décor, service, cleanliness, orderliness, and customer service.
- Monitor quality and customer satisfaction in restaurant and ensure the food quality is consistent and prepared to guest specifications while staying informed of all customer complaints and be actively involved in complaints that require management discretion.
- Monitor beer, wine and liquor inventory and order appropriately on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Create weekly drink specials and assist in creating biannual bar menus.
- Responsible for “Point of Sale” systems, which may include training of employees, reprogramming, and generating reports from the POS system.
- Conduct daily meetings with assigned staff to communicate any necessary service information and resolve any service issues.
- Collaborate with the Sentry Services Sales and Banquet Team to ensure the successful preparation of all banquet events. Assist in planning, set-up and execution of all events and ensures exceptional service is provided during events.
- Ensure assigned facilities are compliant with sanitation and safety standards for guests.
- Check to make sure all restaurant equipment is in working order and ensure any necessary equipment repairs and maintenance are completed in a timely manner.
What it Takes
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of related work experience.
- Experience in the service aspect of a restaurant operation and knowledge of food and beverage preparation and presentation.
- Previous bartending experience and/or bartending license strongly preferred.
- Ability to operate in a service environment and respond to customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a service environment and respond effectively to customers.
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule including working nights, weekends and possible holidays.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office
- 401 (K) plan after 1 year of service to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!