1st Assistant Golf Professional
You’re a people-person, and we’re a people-business. At Sentry, we care about our associates – and we encourage our team to bring that same commitment to our customers to keep them coming back year after year. In order to deliver on our commitment to customer service, we require an elite team of customer focused individuals to work on the golf course to build and maintain trust and create a memorable experience for all of SentryWorld’s guests. We are currently looking for a 1st Assistant Golf Professional who is enthusiastic about the game of golf to join our golf operations leadership team.
We are looking for someone that is focused, passionate, and has a professional and friendly demeanor. If you think you are a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
As a 1st Assistant Golf Professional, you will play a key role in the management of daily golf operations to ensure the effective delivery of services, provide professional golf advice and ensure customer expectations are exceeded. In addition, you’ll:
- Control and manage consistent play ensuring appropriate guest check-in and fee collection in merchandise marketing, and sales.
- Assist with tournament operations and group outings including planning, course set-up, preparation scoring, prize distribution, and follow up ensuring all customers have a positive experience.
- Supervises staff in accordance with policies, procedures and applicable laws including: interviewing and hiring; training; planning; assigning and directing work and; performance planning concerns.
- Work in the SentryWorld Pro Shop to take reservations for tee times, assist with pro shop set up, merchandising, pricing, ordering and inventory.
- Assist Golf Directors in establishing events, lesson programs, and in the planning and budgeting of the golf operations.
- Provide club repair and fitting services to customers as needed.
What it Takes
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience with in-depth knowledge of golf equipment, design and fitting of clubs.
- Level 2 Associate and actively pursuing a PGA membership (in a timely manner) through the PGA Professional Golf Management (PGA PGM) program.
- Experience as an assistance golf professional at a public or resort golf operation.
- Previous experience teaching golf while remaining current on teaching innovations.
- Excellent customer service, communication and supervisory skills.
- Able to work non standard work hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office
- 401 (K) plan after 1 year of service to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Employee discounted meals and golf
- Access to Sentry’s Fitness Center
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!