Restaurant Server - PJ's Restaurant
At Sentry, the best parts of our business come from our very own backyard. All across our organization, we work to cultivate homegrown talent; people like you are curious, hardworking, and always looking to improve.
At PJ’s Restaurant, located within SentryWorld,, we specialize in homemade recipes that are Wisconsin focused including, cheese curds, fish fry, and cocktails. We work as a small team and have very high standards of service, meaning we work hard and with precision.
A professional and friendly appearance and demeanor is essential. We are looking for someone that is focused, passionate, empathetic, and takes hospitality seriously. If you think you are a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
In this front line role, you will be responsible for providing guests with friendly and efficient food and beverage service as well as:
- Maintains knowledge in cocktails and wine/beer and the current restaurant menu, to suggest appropriate wine and beer pairings Prepares room for dining by setting tables and refilling condiments.
- Assist customers in dining selection by suggesting dishes, explaining house specials and answering questions regarding food preparation and ingredients.
- Responsible for totaling charges, issuing checks, processing payments and issuing receipts.
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills
- Hours for this job will include working nights, weekends and holidays, which are flexible up to 25 hours per week
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work every day
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office
- 401 (K) plan after 1 year of service to help fund your Future
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Employee Discounted Meals and Golf
- Access to Sentry’s Fitness Center
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!