Region Sales Manager
We are seeking a self-motivated sales leader to guide a team of premier sales professionals as a Region Sales Manager within the Direct Writer segment of Sentry. This team provides Commercial Lines of Insurance, 401(k), and Life Insurance needed in today’s world to safeguard the businesses across specific California Region. As the Region Sales Manager, you will develop and implement a strategic and tactical plan that focuses on development of your team, including recruiting, performance management, sales, customer acquisition, customer retention and financial goals.
This is your chance to combine a rewarding career filled with success in our California territory that spans from Ventura County to the San Francisco Bay area.
What You'll Do
As Region Sales Manager you’ll hire and develop a team of Account Managers who will sell our Sentry products including commercial insurance, 401(k), and life insurance in Sentry’s 9 Focused Markets. In addition, you will:
• Assist your team with software programs and systems used in our sales process
• Encourage, train and work with each of your team members to develop their book of business and maximize selling opportunities
• Recruit and train your team, while providing leadership and encouraging high morale within your region
• Monitor, review and evaluate your team’s development
• Manage expenses within your territory
• Maintain state licensing and participate in outside studies to improve sales skills
• Prepare reports relating to production, loss ratios, etc.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 2-5 years of related sales, territory and managerial experience
• Exceptional sales, communication and relationship building skills
• A self-disciplined individual that can thrive in a remote work environment
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, communicate effectively and remain organized
• Strong analytical and math skills
• Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record with a valid driver’s license and able to meet travel requirements
• Required to have primary residence within your sales territory
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!