Claims Tech - Federal Reporting
We're a people-focused business. And we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective results to our customers. But we can't do this alone. So, we need to build a stable team within claims in order to drive our success.
You could be the next key player to support our Workers’ Compensation team in assisting with federal reporting. Do you think you could fit as a Claims Tech? Then keep reading below.
What You'll Do
As the Claims Tech for Workers’ Compensation, you'll handle many behind the scenes tasks to help move our team forward. You'll help identify, report, and transmit disability and medical claims data to the state to ensure compliance. But that's not all. Below are a few additional tasks you’ll be responsible for:
- Perform a variety of federal reporting tasks, including the preparation and submission of reports
- Detect and document potential tax reporting compliance issues or problems
- Work with Claims and Accounting to ensure accurate payment coding and filing of 1099 reporting, while analyzing payment details
- Utilize W-9 detail and/or reports to resolve 1099 reporting issues
- Maintain provider records within our claims system
- Review and correct IRS reports listing data errors
- Maintain compliance with Federal Internal Revenue Service rules and regulations
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the claims staff
- Develop knowledge of jurisdictional requirements and best practices within the department
What it Takes
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Clerical skills including keyboarding, filing, and experience with fax machines, printers, and computers
- Prior experience in electronic state reporting of claim data beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Strong human relation, communication, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!