Product and Sales Support Specialist
Sentry is seeking an individual to join our team to support the profitable sales of Sentry Life and Annuity products. Responsibilities will include designing, evaluating and completing specialized product proposals and business planning. In this role, you will prepare cross/sell marketing and sales tools, training materials, and provide initial compliance and regulatory review to support sales and training efforts. You will provide case consultation and conduct teleconferences with licensed producers and their clients when appropriate.
What You'll Do
• Receive proposal requests from the Sentry sales force. Request and analyze any supplemental information, apply advanced underwriting knowledge, choose appropriate product, and modify a proposal to fit the client's need.
• Prepare and distribute all proposals, working with other departments as necessary.
• Integrate extensive knowledge of life insurance products with broad consumer and business life knowledge to consult with and advise field sales staff; and when appropriate, create personal and business life proposals and PowerPoint presentations with data, graphics and appealing layouts.
• Assist in the design and development of new/updated marketing materials and forms. Test Sentry Product Software and Illustration Software prior to product/form changes and implementation.
• Update products and forms in Business Life Proposal software.
• Maintain required licensing and continuing education to support the direct sales of Annuities, IRA’s and ROTH IRA’s to participants of terminating Sentry 401(k) plans, and facilitate rollover IRA’s for participants of terminating 401(k) plans.
• Assist the Annuity and Claims Departments on technical processing/handling questions; and, as back up to the Annuity Department, speak to and assist individual customers. Assist sales producers with Single Premium Annuity quotes and application process. Make changes to and updates Required Minimum Distribution letters used by the Annuity Department.
• Maintain Sentry Life Insurance Company (SLIC) and Sentry Life of New York (SLONY) Marketing Materials and Compliance binders and ensure the local New York office records are kept up to date and in compliance with New York insurance regulations.
• Calculate and provide the annuity department with information for New York Regulation 60 Disclosure Statements and update Regulation 60 and Regulation 187 procedures. Take business life applications over the phone with clients in New York as back up to other members of the Life Sales Desk.
• Facilitates ad-hoc life insurance product and process training for the field sales force, Sentry University and other members of the Life Department.
What it Takes
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
• Life, Accident & Health Licenses and Series 6 and 63 FINRA Registrations.
• Prior Life Insurance Sales experience with Business and Personal Life insurance required.
• Professional designation(s) such as LUTCF, CLU, ChFC, CFP, CPCU, etc. a plus.
• Strong technical knowledge of Life Insurance Products in order to design and develop engaging Business Life proposals.
• Strong competitive knowledge of Life Insurance Industry and related products to include: Term Insurance, Whole Life, Universal Life, Variable Life and Annuities along with related riders and solution strategies for each.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc., and advanced Adobe Acrobat skills.
• Background in compliance and regulatory review is a plus.
• Strong communication and human relation skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management as well as licensed producers and clients.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!