Start your career at Sentry. Join our team and support our policyholders, whom with your efforts, view us as a valuable partner. The goal of the representative is to ensure the delivery of quality claim service to our customer, injured worker, and other parties to the claim while protecting the assets of Sentry.
What You'll Do
As a Workers Compensation Claims Representative, you'll have the opportunity to establish a solid foundation with Sentry by conducting the following duties:
- Analyze claims, set reserves, determine compensability, pay benefits, and settle claims with established dollar authority
- Develop and manage workers' compensation claims action plans to a resolution, coordinate return-to-work efforts, and approve claim payments
- Prepare claims for settlement and negotiate settlement with best outcome
- Manage and direct all cases to closure in the most efficient and effective way possible
- Communicate claim action/processing with claimant and client in a professional and timely manner
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 3 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of insurance policies and medical terminology helpful
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Ability to review and interpret complex and detailed documents such as contracts, medical reports, and insurance regulations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and remain organized
- Effective and efficient at working a computer
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
Once you complete the online employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!