Investment Operations Analyst
We are seeking a self-motivated professional with strong technical and analytical skills to join our Investments team. In this role, you will manage state deposits and provide support to our fixed income, public equity and money market portfolio managers by monitoring trade settlements, resolving discrepancies and preparing and maintaining investment reports.
What You'll Do
As an Investment Operations Analyst at Sentry you’ll:
- Monitor statute changes and maintain knowledge of collateral deposit requirements to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate the placing, exchanging, or removing of securities with custodian banks and states to ensure appropriate deposit amounts are maintained.
- Reconcile trade discrepancies and corporate action issues by partnering with custodian banks, brokers, and portfolio managers to verify data, identify proper instructions and resolve fails to ensure timely and accurate settlements.
- Prepare and maintain investment reports for transaction history, security impairments, and compliance requirements.
- Initiate and lead procedure, system and workflow process improvements and enhancements.
- Compile bond value information and deposit requirements annually or as changes occur to complete filings and ensure our collateral requirements are met.
- Document and maintain procedures and processes for assigned middle office operations ensuring complete, accurate, and compliant information.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree in Business Administration beneficial
- 2-5 years of related work experience; CFA beneficial
- Working knowledge of institutional investment operations and a background in macroeconomics, financial analysis, accounting and/or statistical analysis
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- PC skills with proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs (intermediate experience with the Internet, Word and Excel beneficial).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, Power Query and VBA)
- Familiarity with investment-related software such as PAM and Bloomberg
- Strong math, problem solving, research, and analytical skills
- Strong communication and human relations skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask efficiently and effectively while meeting tight deadlines
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!