Sentry Insurance is seeking a skilled technical professional to fulfill our Publishing Engineer position. As part of the Information Technology team, you’ll design, code, test, and debug documents and maintain the Digital Publishing systems. You will also work as part of a larger group that provides information, data processing, communications, process enhancements and systems to support the business and management objectives of Sentry. This position can be filled as a I, II, or Senior depending on the selected individual’s related experience and qualifications.
What You'll Do
As the Analyst you will provide support including implementation of upgrades, design, analysis, trouble shooting and formulating solutions. In addition you’ll
• Provide technical support for Digital Publishing applications (implementation of upgrades, design, analysis, trouble shooting, responding to system and applications problems, formulating a solution and making appropriate changes to avoid interruption of service).
• Maintain knowledge in development processes in Customer Communication Management software (Documaker, Inspire, Exstream, etc.)
• Provide training and education for Sentry users on Digital Publishing interfaces.
• Provide detailed input on assigned tasks, cost analyses, Digital Publishing systems design, testing, maintenance, and documentation of new and existing systems.
• Maintain an understanding of input data structures and how to map complex data (XML, XPath, JSON)
• Analyze publishing processes and requests to provide estimates, develop and deliver features per the project methodology.
What it Takes
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 2-5 years of related work experience.
• Knowledge of Information Services concepts, technology and terminology.
• General Insurance knowledge beneficial.
• Communications skills, human relations skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!