At Sentry, our business is built around people. We pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our internal and external customers. We currently have an opportunity for an Event Coordinator to join the SentryWorld Private Banquet & Special Events team. SentryWorld is a destination venue located in Central Wisconsin, which hosts events from small celebrations to large weddings and corporate events. In this role, you will be a key member in planning and delivering exceptional customer service to our guests and will be responsible for coordinating with clients on all details of an event, including room arrangements, menus, timelines, billing and any special requests. You will be a key driver in ensuring that events are successful, and that customer's expectations are met.
What You'll Do
- Plan, schedule and meet with clients to ensure all event details are to the client's specifications.
- Provide clear, concise and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments.
- Keep clients informed of status deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submission, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant details.
- Responsible for answering and promptly returning client phone calls and emails to ensure all questions and inquiries are properly handled.
- Inspect function rooms and equipment prior to events for cleanliness, proper inventory and set-up. Greet clients during an event and ensure Banquet Captain is knowledgeable on all event details.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are in place and collaborates with the Banquet Captain and Event Leadership to plan and organize food, set up and staffing requirements for each planned function.
- Ensures all charges, deposits and sales of the event are properly recorded and collected on a timely basis.
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Ability to effectively organize and present information, interpret and anticipate the client needs and develop proposals
- Excellent organizational, planning, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines
- Work extended/non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work every day
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending
- 401(K) plan, after one year of service, with immediate vesting to help fund your future
- Employee Discounted Meals and Golf Rates
- Access to Sentry’s Fitness Center
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!