Event Services Technician
At Sentry, our business is built around people. We pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our internal and external customers. The Sentry Theater Group is seeking an enthusiastic Event Services Technician to join our team. We are looking for someone that is focused, passionate, and wants to learn more about behind the scenes technical work for our events. We work as a small team and maintain a high standard of service. This is an on call position (approximately 15 hours/week) that requires flexibility and working non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. If you think this could be a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
As an Event Services Technician, we entrust in you to be a top contributor to providing our guest’s with an exceptional experience. To do this you'll:
- Run all audio/visual aspects for live performances at Muse Theater
- Set-up and adjust theatrical lighting for various events and performances which take place at Muse Theater
- Set-up and run audio/visual equipment for various banquets and events at SentryWorld.
- Keep service corridors, pre-function spaces and storage areas clean, organized and unobstructed
- Tear-down and set-up meeting and event rooms, as outlined by the BEO (Banquet Event Order). This includes, but is not limited to, set up of pipe and drape, dance floors, tables and chairs, staging, and other accommodations specific to BEO
- Help with maintenance of the theater and its equipment
- Responsible for proper care and storage of all equipment such as audio/visual equipment, tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, and lecterns
- Build basic theatrical set pieces under the direction of the Theater Production Manager
- Perform other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills and degree of responsibility commensurate with assigned level
What it Takes
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of standard theatrical equipment preferred
- Previous experience working behind the scenes for events is preferred but not required
- Excellent human relation and communication skills
- Basic carpentry skills
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
We offer an outstanding array of benefits for our associates including:
- Competitive Compensation to reward you for your hard work every day
- Employee Discounted Meals and Golf Rates
- Access to Sentry’s Fitness Center
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!