Associate Procurement Specialist
You’re passionate about working with people and delivering efficient results. So are we. We value Associate Procurement Specialists who can embody this passion by providing dedicated support to our business operations. We want you to be successful collaborating with various spend areas and team members to conduct supplier analysis, communicate with stakeholders and suppliers, review contract language, and analyze spend to gain knowledge and understanding of the procurement department and organizational environment.
What You'll Do
As an Associate Procurement Specialist, you’ll:
• Execute routine negotiation of contract terms and conditions to ensure a valuable product is provided with optimal savings and minimal risk.
• Support procurement project needs by executing action plans based on the identified sourcing strategy, business need, and improvements required to ensure standards are achieved at a competitive rate with minimal risk.
• Conduct research, cost analysis, and provide findings to leadership to support their recommendations to the business.
• Communicate with suppliers regarding performance, cost saving efforts, and adherence to contract terms and conditions.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 2 years of related work experience
• Microsoft Office proficient
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and data management skills
• Ability to display strong communication skills and work in a team environment
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!