Procurement Category Manager - Information Technology
We have an exciting opportunity to fill a highly visible position within our Procurement team. Newly created category teams need a dynamic and visionary leader to develop and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders, manage risk, execute effective business processes, and develop strategies to manage company spend wisely. Executing procurement actions that support business operations and control costs to drive maximum value for the organization are the key tasks for the successful candidate. You will serve as an effective business partner while contributing to long-term productivity and expense control through professional planning, research, analysis, negotiation, and management of sourcing requests. This role will be responsible for our “Information Technology” spend area. Candidates with experience assessing, negotiating, delivering and/ or managing information technology equipment and service suppliers are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
As the Procurement Category Manager, you will manage and provide direction for assigned spend categories ensuring awareness of current and future needs, upcoming milestone, and contract terms.
• Oversee, develop, and execute action plans based on identified sourcing strategy, business needs, and improvements to ensure standards are achieved at a competitive rate with minimal risk.
• Manage, develop, and execute negotiation strategies to determine contract terms and conditions, ensuring a strong product is provided with optimal savings and minimal risk.
• Evaluate assigned categories spend and suppliers in aggregate to determine the need for an overall sourcing strategy.
• Develop or oversee development of sourcing strategies to ensure alignment across the spend category, implementation of appropriate procurement approaches, and identification of controls to manage risk.
• Develop and maintains relationships within assigned spend categories to identify and support procurement needs including developing long-term procurement strategies, reviewing and challenging current state where appropriate, and leading complex change management efforts for internal and external processes to ensure business and organizational needs are effectively met.
• Conduct research, benchmarking, and cost analysis to remain a subject matter expert in assigned categories and make recommendations to the business.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to implement changes that achieve business goals.
• Oversee, develop, and maintain supplier relationships including developing performance score cards, managing performance, driving cost saving efforts, and ensuring adherence to contract terms and conditions.
• Manage creation of improvement plans when standards are not being achieved.
• Identify a need for and builds business continuity plans to limit business risk based on supplier dependencies and exposures.
• Manage administration of human resources-related activities including timeline performance and salary reviews and ensure all subordinates adhere to human resources policies and practices.
• Be responsible for recruitment, selection, development, motivation, and recognition of staff.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Min 10 yrs of related w/ exp. with 6+ yrs of Procurement/Sourcing/Supply Chain or related work pref.
• Demonstrates good communication and strong customer service capabilities when collaborating with internal customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel).
• Creativity and the ability to work with minimal supervision and with a variety of Sentry user groups and external suppliers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to exercise sound financial judgment, make decisions, and skilled at gaining consensus.
• Strong analytical, data management, and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and growth potential.
• Ability to thrive in a team environment.
• Ability to manage a large portfolio of projects and consistently deliver quality results.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!