Director of Privacy
We are adding a Director of Privacy to our team to develop, implement, and direct Sentry’s privacy program. This includes covering the use, disclosure, access to and destruction of confidential or personally identifiable information. This is an opportunity to develop the strategy, vision, and execution of this area.
As the Director of Privacy, you will develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the organization to drive processes, systems, and controls forward. You will be responsible for directing enterprise-wide initiatives that help to ensure or improve the effectiveness of the organization’s privacy program.
What You'll Do
- Develop short-term and long-term business strategies. Execute strategic plans and objectives, ensuring alignment with business needs.
- Act as a strategic partner and collaborates extensively with multiple business areas to direct, prepare, and/or review privacy operations.
- Establish, implement, and maintain procedures and processes to effectively manage privacy activities, while ensuring compliance with regulations. Assess issues and manage implementation of process improvements ensuring the establishment of best practices, policies, procedures, and systems that enhance productivity, positively impact the business and comply with internal and external requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders across the organization to convey security and privacy requirements and maintain knowledge on data collection and use cases. Identify and manage implementation of process and system modifications for data handling, ensuring alignment with external regulations and internal policies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and drive a privacy plan that maximizes value and minimizes risk.
- Develop and manage data governance structures, ensuring technologies maintain privacy protection for the use, collection, and disclosure of personal information.
- Advise IT and Security development teams on system fixes, modifications, and enhancements to conform to privacy-by-design principles and meet business needs.
- Partner with GRC management in leading the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of external vendors and third-parties, to ensure appropriate controls are in place to protect personally identifiable information and address all privacy concerns, requirements, and responsibilities.
- Monitor and advise stakeholders across the organization on changes to state and federal privacy laws and accreditation standards to ensure impacted areas are aware of pending changes and possible impacts to the business.
- Monitor and manage implementation of modifications to privacy technologies to ensure proper adoption across the organization.
- Direct various privacy projects that involve researching, interpreting, summarizing and communicating with various departments within the company and numerous outside sources.
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in higher level management
- 3+ years of experience working in privacy at a large corporation
- Professional designations/certifications highly preferred, specifically CIPP/US, CIPM, CISSP, CISA, or CISM
- High level of credibility, with an accomplished background in privacy, preferably in environments with similar complexity and regulatory profiles to Sentry Insurance, spanning the financial services and insurance industries.
- Possess and demonstrates senior level experience in Information Security technical controls, information security threat analysis, understanding technology in general, and driving initiatives through completion.
- Ability to build and develop the appropriate team that delivers on key objectives and navigates the privacy landscape.
- Builds constructive relationships with diverse groups of people, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience influencing and clearly communicating privacy requirements and risk.
- Strong communication, human relation, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience planning, developing, and implementing large projects.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!