SentryWorld Private Events & Banquets Captain
At Sentry, our business is built around people. We pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our internal and external customers. The SentryWorld Banquet & Special Events team is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Banquet Captain. This role is the perfect fit for someone who is looking to increase his/her experience and responsibility in event planning, while ensuring that the customer is receiving exceptional customer service throughout an event. The Banquet Captain will partner with the Event Coordinator & Event Manager to deliver the successful execution of assigned banquet functions and will also act as a team lead in banquet set-up, food and beverage service, and as a co-leader in the front of house banquet operations. A professional and friendly demeanor is essential.
What You'll Do
- Oversees food and beverage service to ensure consistency throughout the event
- Collaborates with Event Coordinator and Head Banquet Chef on menu details, food preparation activities and service standards
- Collaborates with Event Coordinator on scheduling banquet attendant personnel and assigns specific tasks or services while ensuring that safety and sanitation codes are followed
- Inspects function rooms and equipment prior to events for cleanliness, proper inventory and set-up.
- Oversees clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Assists banquet attendants with their duties in any capacity needed such as banquet service, set-up, food preparation, clean-up, etc.
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Must be able to obtain TIPS Certification.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Work extended/non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office
- Eligibility for a Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Employee Discounted Meals and Golf Rates
- Access to Sentry’s Fitness Center
- 401 (K) plan after 1 year of service to help fund your Future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!