Agency Sales Support Assistant (full time)
With our sales team always on the go, selling our premier line of insurance products, we’re in need of some help ensuring that we’re meeting our business unit’s needs. Therefore, we’re currently staffing for someone to assist our Personal Lines sales teams with operational and administrative tasks. You could be the next key player to support and contribute to the success of our team!
What You'll Do
As an Agency Sales Support Assistant, you’ll provide administrative support to our Personal Lines sales teams. In addition, you’ll:
• Complete all agent additions, changes and/or terminations into agency management system (AMS) while overseeing maintenance of agency files
• Obtain and verify agent licenses and appointments to assure all pertinent documents are current and filed.
• Maintain agency commission rates in applicable systems and coordinate and process commission payments based on established agreements.
• Create, monitor and complete annual agency override agreements.
• Prepare and mail agency appointments.
• Respond to calls, emails, etc. from agencies, field sales teams and/or State Managers and resolve routine questions/issues from the agency sales force.
• Prepare and send routine mailings to agencies and/or to the agency sales force.
• Communicate to Agency Sales Support Supervisor any irregularities.
• Develop knowledge of processing screens in order to be able to delve into transactions that affect the agent – e.g. commissions, licensing, etc.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
What it Takes
• Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 0-2 years of related work experience.
• Prior Personal Lines Operations and systems knowledge helpful
• Effective communication, human relations, and organizational skills.
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Demonstrate knowledge as well as experience in a general office setting (keyboard, typing and math skills)
• Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment and work independently with little direction.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!