Banquet Chef - SentryWorld
At Sentry, our business is built around people. We pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our internal and external customers. Sentry is currently seeking a Head Banquet Chef to oversee the Back of House operations within the Sentry Services Banquet Department. This role will partner with the Event Manager to deliver on customer expectations for special events, as well as be responsible for leading, motivating, and directing the Back of House team. This key leader is also responsible for delivering on strategic operations for the departmen, as well as driving culinary creation and development of our award-winning banquet menu.
What You'll Do
- Collaborates with Director of Sales & Events and Events to Manager to ensure the successful preparation of all banquet events. Oversees planning, set-up and execution of all events to ensure exceptional food quality and service is provided.
- Responsible for overseeing culinary menu development and preparing of items for events
- Maintains food inventory control, including maintaining storage and rotation of items
- Manages food and labor costs to operational needs
- Maintains vendor relationships and sourcing quality products
What it Takes
- Culinary degree from an accredited school or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of related work experience.
- Strong human relations, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in Culinary Banquet Preparation or high-volume culinary preparation and menu development
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Work extended/non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!