Lifeguard - Sentry Wellness Center
Our Wellness Center has an exciting opportunity for a Lifeguard. As a Lifeguard in Sentry’s Wellness Center, you will play a critical part in providing a health and wellness service to other Sentry Insurance associates. Sentry’s Wellness Center is open before, during, and after our normal work hours and can easily be tailored to a student’s schedule. We are specifically looking for an individual with flexible availability, Monday - Friday, and rotating weekend hours, for instructing swim lessons and other lifeguarding hours as needed.
What You'll Do
As a member of Sentry’s Wellness Center, you’ll be the first contact with members when they visit the pool. In addition, you’ll:
• Perform lifeguard duties and assist others in basic water safety & techniques
• Assist in any first aid and CPR administration
• Occasionally staff the front desk
• Perform general administrative tasks such as: greeting members, answering phones and questions, assuring compliance with rules, and directing participants
• Perform routine cleaning tasks
• Monitor member safety and maintain security of the Wellness Center Instruct swim lessons and other pool programming
• Promote programs for fitness activities
What it Takes
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Lifeguard certification- required
• CPR/AED certification- required
• Experience teaching private or group swim lessons – strongly desired
• Currently in or interested in Health Promotion and Wellness programs
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
• Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
• Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
• Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
• Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Tayler Zajac at 715/346-6382
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.