Claims Internship - Summer 2020
At Sentry, we realize that getting valuable, hands-on experience is important for you and your career. We don’t offer just an internship; we offer a whole experience built to give talented students like you a head start for your career. From rewarding work in your business area to professional development trainings all the way to paid volunteer time and diverse social events, we make sure our internship program fits all of your needs.
What You'll Do
The Claims Intern will work closely with a mentor to understand how commercial or consumer claims are handled.
Our Claims internship offers opportunities to:
- Assist Claims Reps with follow-up calls
- Gain exposure to litigated/non-litigated claims
- Engage in claim negotiations
- Support customers with empathy and understanding
- Verify coverages and investigate losses by gathering pertinent information
- Document claim files with all pertinent information and disposition
What it Takes
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Insurance, Communication, or a related field
- Obtain a minimum in-major GPA of 3.00
- Graduating in Fall of 2020 or Spring of 2021
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Sentry does not offer employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, and H-1 Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience
What You'll Receive
- Real work experience in a professional setting
- Opportunity to unleash your talents and add value to the organization
- Exposure to company executives
- Competitive compensation
- Community engagement through social activities and paid volunteer time
- Free lodging
- Free access to Sentry’s onsite Fitness Center, which includes an Olympic size pool, full size gym, racquetball court, and more
- Access to full cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch
- Convenient on-site amenities such as our onsite credit union, auto center, theater, hair salon, restaurant, 18-hole championship golf course and more!
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Zach Wierzba - Talent Acquisition Specialist
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.