At Sentry, security is one of our top priorities. To ensure our associates are safe and that our properties are secured, we are seeking a security-focused individual to join our Security team. In this key full-time opportunity, you’ll grow your physical security experience in a dedicated and rewarding environment while knowing you’ve made an impact to keep our teams are safe.
We are currently looking for Security Officers to assist our 3rd Shift Team (11:00pm - 7:30am) with flexibility to work any shift; including nights, weekends, holidays, and special events as required. Additional incentive opportunities for 2nd and 3rd shift associates.
What You'll Do
As a member of our Security team, you’ll monitor our facilities to ensure the safety of our associates, guests, and property while providing excellent customer service to our staff and visitors. To be successful in your role, you’ll:
- Patrol the premises of our buildings to prevent and detect signs of intrusion
- Respond to and communicate emergency situations
- Investigate incidents that may potentially compromise the safety and security of Sentry associates and our property
- Provide secure courier services for various departments
- Monitor security equipment and alarms; including access points, security cameras, and associate/visitor badge logging
- Maintain and provide daily security activity reports
What it Takes
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Excellent observation and communication skills
- Excellent driving record
- Ability to react quickly to sensitive situations
- Ability to work various shifts, including nights and weekends
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.