Operations Support Specialist - Transportation
At Sentry, we recognize how important our support associates are to the overall success of our company. If you’re looking for a department and company to grow with, then you’ve come to the right place. We are looking for a detail oriented and driven individual to provide clerical and administrative support to our Transportation team. As the Operations Support Specialist, you’ll provide assistance to the underwriting teams by handling a variety of tasks that support the quote, processing and issuance of new or renewal commercial lines business.
What You'll Do
To be successful in your role as the Operations Support Specialist, you’ll;
• Provide operational and administrative services to the underwriting teams.
• Ensure the accuracy and issuing of motor carrier filings to correct location.
• Handle incoming telephone calls and monitor emails from independent agents and internal/external customers.
• Work with independent agents to complete the submission and/or verify applications for accuracy and required information.
• Respond to the independent agent, service questions and handle problems and service issues to a satisfactory resolution.
• Perform other related job duties as needed.
What it Takes
• Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
• 1-3 years of related work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
• Advanced personal computer and office service skills
• Organized, professional, and motivated
• Ability to prioritize workload and handle several projects simultaneously is absolutely necessary
• Proven ability to interact effectively and efficiently with a variety of people
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.