Data Software Developer
We value our Data Systems Associates and the technical knowledge that contributes to our data services organization at Sentry Insurance. Our data services organization implements and maintains the usability of Sentry's strategic data assets on an enterprise wide basis. In this role as a Data Systems Associate, you will focus on movement of data, data analysis, and solution development. This position is a critical component of our Data Services team in Information Technology (IT).
The Data Services team designs, controls and maintains the use of Sentry's data resources (analyzing data usage, interrelationships, defining physical data structures and logical views of data sets) on an enterprise wide basis. This position has a focus on the building of SQL queries, stored procedures, optimization of queries and utilizing data tools for data extraction and transformation. The position can be hired at a Data Systems Associate, Data Systems Developer or Data Engineer depending on related qualifications and experience. If you have an interest in joining a growing organization and expanding these skills, apply today!
What You'll Do
As a Data Systems Associate, you participate in providing estimates for changes and timelines based on projects or defects assigned for development of programs and data specifications. Additionally, you will:
• Participate in the design, development, and implementation of new and existing SQL Procedures, Informatica Mappings and Batch Processing for strategic data assets.
• Participate in the design, development, and implementation of new data integration strategies.
• Provide general input on assigned programs, cost analysis, systems and program design, testing, and maintenance, and documentation of new and existing systems.
• Respond to system problems by analyzing the problem, formulating a solution, and changing or repairing the system to avoid costly interruption of services to users.
• Understand and adheres to Sentry’s Information Technology standards and procedures.
• Adhere to and is familiar with the Agile methodology.
• Provide limited communication with user groups by answering user questions after implementation and contributing to response on systems problems.
• Maintain sensitivity to and follows all system security procedures.
• Become technically proficient in programming languages, software, and other technological areas.
• Stay up to date with new processing concepts and technological advances by participating in outside and in-house training programs.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
• Related work experience with:
o Experience with Java and/or Object Oriented Programming
o Experience in developing and supporting relational and analytical data stores.
o Experience in developing with other ETL technologies.
o Experience in SQL development, in particular T-SQL.
o Experience in working with relational databases, in particular SQL Server
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) required.
• Demonstrated sense of logic, decision making and problem resolution skills required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment is required
• Knowledge and experience in the insurance industry is beneficial
• Ability to work on-call hours, as needed
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.