Statistics Analyst II
Sentry Insurance is looking for an analytical and a result driven individual to fulfill a Statistics Analyst role. We are working to make a real impact for our customers and employees. To get there, we need exceptionally bright and driven people. If you would like to help us deliver results while progressing in your career and living a balanced life, this is your opportunity.
As a Statistics Analyst, you’ll thrive by using your strong technical skills to provide support to multiple internal teams by preparing statistical documentation. The group’s function is to ensure adherence to standards and regulatory requirements relative to insurance and statistical bureaus and insurance departments. Your part of that process is to translate the needs of the stats teams to the IT team responsible for maintaining data assets. By translating those needs and analyzing the resulting reports, you’ll help us meet strict standards of compliance that help us operate at peak efficiency.
Based on the selected candidates experience and qualifications, we’re open to hiring at a Statistics Analyst I or II.
What You'll Do
• Coordinate all aspects of required documentation and maintenance while adhering to compliance guidelines and ensuring data integrity.
• Revise, edit and file statistical premium and loss data with insurance bureaus and insurance departments.
• Identify causes of anomalies and provide timely responses to resolve issues.
• Gather required data, validate accuracy and complete submissions to various insurance bureaus and state insurance departments.
• Design response plans and provide the required data to ensure compliance.
• Analyze and provide reconciliation of statistical data reported to boards and bureaus with stat or financial data.
• Research and analyze data using a variety of software tools and methodologies to ensure data integrity with insurance bureaus and insurance departments.
• Maintain knowledge of insurance manual rates, rules and forms and how they relate to company rating procedures.
• Review requirement changes and collaborate with business units and IT to assure compliance with applicable statistical requirements.
• Develop, write and participate in testing scenarios based on analysis related to product development and/or product maintenance.
What it Takes
• Associate Degree or equivalent work experience (Bachelors Degree strongly preferred)
• 0-2 years of related work experience.
• Experience working with SQL and SAS
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (including VBAs)
• Proficient with reporting and analytical tools
• Exposure to IT technologies, concepts, and terminology is desirable
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, highly organized team player.
• CPCU or other insurance coursework preferred.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.