Are you looking for a great opportunity to start your career with Sentry Insurance? As an Insurance Rater for Sentry, you’ll work as part of our National Accounts business unit utilizing automated and manual rating systems for rating quotes, new businesses, renewals, endorsements and audits. You will help to determine our customer’s premiums for a given risk through calculations and input of data into our rating modules.
What You'll Do
Our Raters utilize Microsoft Excel and an Automated Rating System daily to prepare policy information and documents for all of our National Accounts policies. In addition, you’ll:
• Rate, code, calculate and produce documents
• Develop policy structure and pricing based on direction from Underwriting, Client Services and grids
• Utilize manuals, rating plans, systems and other information to determine premiums for a given risk
• Routinely remain aware of state insurance laws and regulations
• Perform administrative tasks including; daily work plans, auditing work, testing new rating procedures, techniques, products or systems.
• Assemble and release insurance policies and documents to brokers and/or customers
What it Takes
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
• 0-2 years of related work experience
• High level of mathematical, calculator and PC skills
• Proficient in Microsoft tools and Excel experience preferred
• Able to work with multiple information resources and interpret rating procedures to accurately calculate premium
• Ability to meet service standards while maintaining customer expectations
• Insurance coursework beneficial
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.