Associate Financial Technician
Sentry Insurance has a current opening for an Associate Financial Technician at our Stevens Point Home Office. In this position, you will assist the Finance Department in preparing, processing and maintaining various financial records timely and accurately. If you're an individual who has great math skills, is detail oriented and is looking to start your career, this may be the opportunity for you!
What You'll Do
As an Associate Financial Technician for Sentry you’ll:
• Perform system input such as accounts payable/receivable and audit payments
• Process a variety of receipts, disbursements and tax forms (payment of invoices, prepare checks for deposits and bank transaction materials)
• Maintain and update customer files and supplier information
• Prepare and process documents, correspondences and reports
• Complete routine business system checkouts and reconciliations
• Perform other job-related duties as requested including some customer service
What it Takes
• Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
• Basic financial experience
• Good working knowledge of PC-based business software including Outlook, Excel and Word
• Ability to work independently and accurately to meet deadlines and effectively manage
• Strong attention to detail and documentation skills with the ability to maintain confidential information
• Math skills, calculator and keyboard skills
• Excellent organizational, communication and human relations skills
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.