Employee Relations Manager
At Sentry, we are working to make a real impact for our customers and associates. To get there, we need exceptionally bright and driven people. If you are looking to leverage your experience to influence the business and support our associates, this is your opportunity.
The Employee Relations Manager collaborates with the business unit, HR leadership, HR Business Consultants, & occasionally Sentry’s corporate security and legal counsel, to ensure the timely and effective execution of associate relations strategies and processes. You’ll drive the process that helps managers appropriately address performance gaps. In addition, you’ll focus on proactively working to prevent associate relations concerns and issues.
What You'll Do
As the Employee Relations Manager, you’ll lead a team, who provides oversight and guidance to leaders and associates in identifying and resolving performance – related challenges, while ensuring compliance with Sentry processes and protocols, as well as state and federal employment regulations.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
• Leverage Associate Relations and HRIS applications in developing rigorous data analysis and reporting. Be able to utilize this to provide recommendations that support Sentry’s goals and valued behaviors.
• Serve as the point of contact for complex and/or sensitive internal workplace investigations. Consult with leadership to assure compliance with Sentry’s policies, practices, and state/federal employment laws as needed.
• Deliver high quality counsel and decisions regarding associate related concerns. This included recommending appropriate employment action to support Sentry’s culture.
• Collaborate with HR Business Consultants regarding associate related separations and ensure Associate Relations teams provides a well thought out and informative process.
What it Takes
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Management, Organizational Development, Psychology, or related field .
• 5-8 years of related work experience.
• Associate relations experience, working through complex situations, investigations, and escalations.
• Understanding of fair employment practices and regulations.
• Demonstrate experience collaborating with business leaders, legal and HR peers.
• SPHR/PHR preferred.
• Ability to deliver results, while balancing urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, and proven initiative to resolving problems.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
• Understanding of diversity practices and federal and state employment laws.
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017, 2018, and 2019. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.